Monday, June 4, 2007

Happy 9 Month Birthday, Evan!

Dear Evan,

I can't believe you are already 9 months. You bring so much joy to our lives and we are so thankful to the Lord. We owe Him all the praise and glory.

Even the small things are joyful. Each little chuckle and smile melts my heart. I even like it when you pull my hair or grab my face. I guess I look at it as your sign of affection for me! Your waves bye-bye are adorable and I am loving your recent progress with pat-a-cake.

The other day I was just looking at your precious feet. They are so soft and miniature. I was thinking about how one day they will be bigger and callused (and probably hairy too!!). That reminded me that I need to take in every moment of these baby days. Pretty soon, you will be using those precious feet to walk. You will slowly become less dependent on Mommy. I know I will want to protect you from all the trials of life, which will be impossible. My prayer is that you will learn to depend on Christ for your source of strength. He is the ultimate comfort in times of need.

Happy 9 Month Birthday, Evan! I love you!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: