Thursday, June 14, 2007

Our day

Happy Birthday Chloe!! She is 4 years old today. It was just an ordinary day for her and maybe even a little boring. The squirrel wasn't out and it was too rainy this evening for a walk. She got a few extra handouts and played with her brother. Her new favorite hobby is begging by the high chair.


Now I know why my babyfood cookbook calls the 9 to 12 month phase "The Independents." Evan is determined to feed himself. He does not want me to feed him! He insists on holding the spoon. Instead of putting the food from the spoon into his mouth, he takes the pureed food off of the spoon with his other hand and plays with it. Once it's all over his hand and arm, he sucks the food off of his arm. It's definitely not the most efficient way to eat but I guess it's fun. He really prefers finger foods over purees but it's hard to find healthy and natural finger foods that a mouth with only 2 teeth can chew!
Tonight, Rob took care of Evan while I had client. Rob left Evan sitting down by his Learning Table and had to leave the room for a second. When Rob returned, Evan was standing up (I'm glad we already lowered his crib!). It seems like he is getting stronger every day. He is also getting more attached to mommy everyday and strongly prefers that I put him to bed. He stayed up late waiting for me tonight!

No comments: