
Dear Evan,
I can't believe another month has past. You are now in the double digits and we are so close to celebrating the one year mark. It's amazing how different our life is today compared to one year ago. Daddy and I haven't seen a movie at the theatre since you were born. Instead of eating Mexican food at a restaurant every Friday night, we now get take out. We hardly worry about what we're wearing or how we look before we leave the house. Instead, we're focused on your outfit and if we have everything we need packed in your diaper bag. Last summer, daddy and I spent time lounging by the pool reading books. This summer, our hands are full with your bag, the camera, baby sunblock, and your float. Our pool visits are much shorter and we aren't quite as tan. Even though our lives are different, I never want to go back. You have added indescribable happiness to our lives and made our family feel complete.
I love your chub. Your rolls are so cute and I love how they make you look buff in your shirts. It amazes me how much you dislike food, though. Feeding times are a bit frustrating. Most of the time, you refuse to eat purees and just pick at finger foods, (I think Chloe gets more than you!). Meanwhile, your slim cousin begs and cries for his babyfood. I've decided that you've stored enough fat and don't need as much solid food as some babies.We're deep in the separation anxiety stage. You are insisting that I stay within 5 feet of you. Last week at church when our pager didn't work, the childcare worker came into the service to get us. You had cried since we walked away from you. I guess it's a bit flattering that you cry for me but I would like to be able to leave you at the nursery every once in a while! Along with your anxiety, though, you have started to show more affection. You are such a cuddle bug. You like to give us kisses and hugs. I think you like to kiss your blue, stuffed dog the most.
Mommy is having a hard time dealing with the boo boos that come with being more mobile. I want to protect you from any harm, even if it's a little bump or bruise. On the other hand, I don't want you to be a sissy boy so I guess I shouldn't get so upset when you bump your chin!
You are so cute at swim lessons. Everyone comments on how you just sort of "hang out." You are so relaxed and your personality is just like your daddy's. You are learning to kick your feet and you love to sing the water version of "The Wheels on the Bus."
The other comment mom loves to hear is when strangers tell me that you look like the Gerber Baby. I couldn't agree more and think you should be a baby model! I've noticed that most babies on commercials or in pictures are chubby like you.
You are a precious gift and daddy and I love you so much. Happy 10 month birthday, Evan!
Love,
Mommy
Bed time is tough lately...I guess it's related to the separation anxiety
Standing all on your own...no hands!!!


2 comments:
i am pretty sure evan and emma would be the best of friends...AND...their names sure do sound good together! standing...pudge....seperation anxiety...it all sounds OH so familiar! she is cuddly as well - we haven't been able to leave her in the church nursery for a whole service YET! but she's almost there..1/2 way through...baby steps people - baby steps.
oh leah I feel your pain on the seperation anxiety! I can't beleive he is already 10 months!! Why do they have to grow up...boo
Post a Comment