Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday, Evan!

My precious boy,

At 1:59pm one year ago, our world changed forever. The Lord blessed us with you! What a gift and joy you have been over the past year.
God created you so special! He wanted you to be a little chunk. He created your beautiful big eyes, long eye lashes that any girl would die for, precious little toes, and contagious smile. He gave you your laid back personality and made you a great sleeper (thank you, Lord!).
One of the neatest things to watch has been the happiness you have brought into total strangers' lives. Even in NYC, where I thought the people were less friendly than Texans, so many strangers stopped to admire you and smile at you. You have made friends with waitresses at our favorite restaurants, the man behind the seafood counter, and I have heard you have some admirers that read the blog. People can't help but smile when they see your chubby cheeks and sweet face. If that doesn't bring them a smile, your persistent wave does the trick.
Evan, we have many prayers for you! We pray you will remain healthy and safe. We pray that you will love Jesus when you're old enough to understand how much He loves you. We pray for wisdom to know how to be Godly parents to you. Your daddy and I love you so much.
Happy 1st Birthday my little angel!
I love you,

Mommy

2 comments:

shalonda said...

So sweet! we are happy he is here too! addi and evan will meet someday i just know it!

Emily said...

Hi Leah, I found your blog through Liz's new one. I'm glad I found y'all! Your son is so cute!!