Tuesday, September 18, 2007
If you're interested...
The Oprah show was really interesting today. Jenny McCarthy and another actress were interviewed about their experiences having a child with autism. This has been one of our major concerns about having a boy (autism affects 1 in 94 boys) which is why Rob and I have made certain decisions about Evan's health. Anyway, I was glad I watched the show because my "mother's insticts" were validated! I also found it very interesting that her child has now "recovered" from autism due, in part, to certain dietary changes she has made. You can watch the show on Oprah's website if you want to know more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Leah, that IS really interesting! I went on Oprah's website and read the transcript of the interview. Thank you for sharing about it!
That is interesting...I didn't know it affected more boys than girls. I'm going over to the website to read the transcript. Thanks for the post!
hey leah -
i just bought jenny's book 2nite at barnes and noble...got home at 9pm - and just finished reading it at midnight! read the ENTIRE book.
i don't read.
anyway - it's that good, and an incredible mother's story of the craziness she went through with autism.
well worth the $20 bucks.
i feel validated as well..i think i'll post something on my blog too :)
Leah, thanks for the link. My best friend from hs has a son that is on the autism spectrum. I'm always reading anything I can put my hands on. I've passed it along to her and am sure she will be trying some (if not all) of what they did...
I may have to get her book, too! I'm glad y'all found this helpful.
Post a Comment