Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Toddler Mom

To put it simply...it's tough. I feel like my life has totally changed in the past couple of weeks. I no longer have me time or time to sit down and relax. Evan is constantly on the go. Based on my prior post picturing his terrible bruises, my sole goal right now is to keep my child from injuring himself. He insists on walking everywhere. He is overestimating his skills and walking way too fast in my opinion!
I really can't cook dinner anymore. I usually have a client during his naps. Prior to the walking days, I could throw something together while he played in his designated kitchen cabinet. Now, if I turn my head for a minute, he's up walking way too fast on the tile floor. Yesterday, I had to let him cry in his bed after his nap while I threw together a meat loaf. By the end of the toddler stage, I may be ready to write a 10 minute meal cookbook.
Despite the busyness of the toddler stage, it is so cute. I love watching the toddler walk. It's adorable how Evan waddles with his arms in the air. Each day he improves and gets a little more brave. It's not good enough just to walk. Now, he has to hold something in his hands while he walks.
I call Evan a sponge because he is taking in so much information and saying new words or pointing to new things. Yesterday, his talking chair told him "hi there." He said "hi there" right back, clear as a bell.
This morning I had BSF. It was very refreshing to get away and get refocused. I usually focus on Evan in my blog, but I have to share what a blessing BSF has been in my life. Sometimes I feel like I don't use my brain as a stay-at-home mom. BSF provides an outlet for me to really think and dig deep into scripture. Even though I heard scripture and Biblical truths my whole life, I have never read the Bible like I have in BSF. If you're looking for a Bible Study, consider BSF! There are classes all over the world for men, women, and children of any denomination. In fact, you can't even mention your denomination or church during class. I know you will be challenged and blessed as I continue to be. I was reminded today that I need to continue to give time to the Lord, daily, even though I have a CRAZY, walking toddler.

3 comments:

shalonda said...

oh geez, i can totally see that wobbly walk! i bet it is precious!

Alissa said...

Grant isn't even walking yet, so I know it will get harder for me before it gets easier! But I guess all babies have their bumps and bruises....and he'll be a champ at walking before we know it. But I feel the same way about free time....I usually can't even start cooking dinner until Dean comes home. Oh well....when this stage is over, I'm sure we'll want it back, so I'm trying to enjoy every minute (even the frustrating moments!)

Andrew and Liz said...

My mom loves BSF!! When the opportunity comes up, I'll have to try it. I miss you!!