Sunday, November 18, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday, Grant!

Our nephew, Grant, turned one year old today! His birthday party was yesterday in Houston. We were all packed and making sure we had everything together for our overnight stay when Evan became ill. He had a 102 fever. Rob left without us and Evan and I had to miss his Grant's party. We were so sad we couldn't be there.

During the night, Evan's fever went up to 104, even with Tylenol. After being up all night, we begged for an "urgent" appointment at his doctor this morning. The strep test was negative so we think he has a bad virus that is making his throat very sore. He doesn't want to eat and looks like he's in pain every time he swallows. Hopefully the virus will be short lived.

Rob said Grant's party was so much fun and he loved his cake. Here are some pictures from Grant's party..



3 comments:

shalonda said...

oh no E! please feel better soon! we are just getting over our firt ear infection...i hate it when they are sick...we will say a prayer for yall

Alissa said...

Hope he feels better soon....I'm so sorry you guys couldn't make it! I love the pictures of what Evan did while Daddy was gone too...I'm just checking the blog for the first time in a few days. We'll talk to you soon....give Evan a kiss for us.

Holly said...

Poor, poor Evan! I had strep last week and let me tell you, it was the worst sore throat I can remember. Give him lots of tender loving care and I hope he's better real, real soon!