Saturday, February 2, 2008

Evan update

He's finally drinking "Yummy Milk," as we call it. We tried goat's, cows, soy, vanilla soy, and soy with a bit of chocolate milk, (what kid doesn't like chocolate milk?) The winner was soy with a little bit of organic strawberry milk. I hope to slowly take away the strawberry milk.
Evan loves Whole Foods. There are always great samples (that I know are not too bad for him to eat) and the workers are so friendly to him.
Evan is playing on our neighbor's driveway. He feels very at home at their house since we kept Molly, their black lab, for 2 days this week. Evan LOVED her! He called her "Mah-wee." Other tidbits...
-He has been talking so much lately. His words are getting clearer and he's starting to connect words together.
-He is learning to nod his head...finally! He was shaking his head "no" to respond to every question.
-He is becoming more attached to his blankie. Instead of just holding it in his crib, he's starting to carry it with him. I try to get him to let go of it when I wake him up, but he says "no-no" in a really cute voice. The problem is that he wipes his nose with it and holds it with his teeth while he plays. So, it needs more frequent washing. I struggled to get it out of his hands to wash this week. I need a back-up blankie and can't find one. I may post of picture of it and enlist the help of my blogger friends. Surely someone still sells this blankie!
-He got his 2nd haircut this week. It went much better than the first. I chose a different place this time. We got to pick a movie to watch during the cut. Of course, we chose Elmo's World. He loved it and hardly knew there was someone cutting his hair. We bought some mousse to perk up his curls in back.
-He can sing so well! He will sing parts of "Twinkle, Twinkle," Row-Row-Row-Your Boat," and "How Great is our God." His sweet little singing voice melts our hearts!

3 comments:

The Wells Family said...

they are growing up so quickly!
we also love whole foods - but mainly b/c they have those great cars that they can ride in - and don't try to stand up in...that's been a recent challenge for us lately. and the fruit samples help us buy some time...evan is such a cutie!

The Wests said...

Yay! Go soy milk!

Emily said...

haha That's so cute that he mousses his hair! :) So one day I'd love to read a post about your choice to do organics, and how easy/hard it is, and if it's everything or just most of the diet, etc. I really don't know much about it. I think the organic movement took off after we left the US.