Thursday, February 21, 2008

Evan Update

Rob is on a city league basketball team. We went to watch him play last week. Evan didn't understand why he could see his daddy but couldn't go play with him! He fussed to go see Rob most of the time but enjoyed a little playtime with some other kids there.

Chloe likes to play on the swingset with Evan and Evan gets a kick out it!




Our child eats anything and everything. He always asking for more and starts fussing for food if we're anywhere near a kitchen. He eats about as much as I eat, I think. Sometimes he cries for more food after eating a very large dinner. I guess I would rather Evan be this way than be really picky. He doesn't eat anything unhealthy, he just eats a LOT of healthy food! We'll see if we get put on a diet next time we're at the doctor. Here's Rob feeding him a post-dinner snack in hopes that he'll stop fussing for more.

Other updates:

-The singing continues. It is so cute. His newest songs are "ABCs" (he sings all the ending notes of the phrases: G, P, V, Z, me), "Show Me Your Glory," and "Cheeseburger" from Veggie Tales. "Show Me Your Glory" is on our CD in the car. Everytime we get into the car, he says "Glory." We think it's pretty funny that "Glory" is one of his first words!

-We're taking only one nap on most days of the week. He goes to sleep around 1:00. I think it will take me a couple of weeks to get used to it.

-He's starting to answer our questions. The problem is, he really only answers with "no." I've had to try to say "It's time to get your diaper changed," instead of "Do you want to go get your diaper changed?" I didn't realize how much I was asking questions when there wasn't really a choice.

-When we put him down for a nap or to sleep, he says "bye...bye...bye...bye...etc" After each "bye" he waits for us to say "bye" back. He says the byes in different voices and tones. The last byes are once the door to his room is shut. We say bye loudly back to him so he can hear us through the door.

-He's doing pretty well when we leave him in the nursery at church. He cries for a minute when we drop him off but warms up pretty quickly. He's not the best at engaging in play so he spends most of his nursery time roaming around (my mom calls him the alzheimers patient) checking on the other kids or eating snacks.

Pretty soon I will be posting for 18 months...I can't believe it!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

The "Bye, bye" at bed time is really cute. Hard to believe he is almost 18 mos old. Time flies...

shalonda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shalonda said...

wow 18 months! i love their little personalities they are so fun! cute cute cute mr e!

Andrew and Liz said...

Rob, I'm so jealous...I want to play in a b-ball league. No one ever lets the girls play, though. :( Hope you have fun. Watch out for your ACL's.