Thursday, March 27, 2008

Top 19 for 19 Months (soon)

Evan will be 19 months next week. He is doing so many cute things that I had to go ahead and post his top 19 list early.

1. He loves the song "This Little Light of Mine." When we sing, "Hide it under a bushel," he shouts "No!" It's really loud, too. When we sing, "Don't Let Satan Blow it out," he blows on his pointer finger.

2. He loves to watch American Idol with us and will sing with the contestants when they hit a big note at the end of the song.

3. He is very polite and likes to say "Pease" and "Dan-ku." His "please" is very low pitched and forceful when he wants more food.

4. He always impresses those he eats with. Seriously, you have never seen a child eat like he eats. He stuffs it as fast as he can and quickly says "pease."

5. His favorite food is banana. If he sees one, even if it's 100 feet away at the store, he starts saying, "Na, na, na, na, na, na, na....it never stops until his stomach is satisfied. He averages 2 whole bananas a day. I decided it's not worth battling him...at least it's healthy.

6. His blanket is now called "bobby." During our prayer at night, he starts whispering, "bobby" because he's ready to cuddle with it.

7. When he has a really stinky diaper, I flush the #2. He follows me into the bathroom saying, "see, see, see, see." He likes to say goodbye to it and watch it go.

8. He loves Ring Around the Rosie. He refers to it as "down." He wants to play it over and over and over and over... We hold Chloe's paws and let her play with us.

9. He loves rocks and they could keep him busy for hours.

10. He loves to look at photo albums. When he sees a picture of our neighbors, he says "Mah-wee," which is their dog's name.

11. As soon as I buckle him in the car he starts saying, "sah-ung" for song. He makes it 2 syllables. He won't stop until his CD comes on. So much for my talk radio shows.

12. He can now play with playdo without eating it.

13. He says "Jesuh" for Jesus.

14. He got a new pair of bright green crocs this week and loves them!

15. He's definitely in a very mischevious stage. Forget getting anything done when he's awake.

16. If we pull into the garage at night, he starts saying, "moo, moo, moo...." because he wants to find the moon.

17. He likes to find his shadow.

18. He is starting to talk to Rob on the phone. He says, "hi" over and over. He will jabber back in his own language.

19. Our hearts melt when he says "uhv-woo" for "love you."

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Very cute....I love how you do that every month. And yes, I agree about not getting anything done while he's awake! Still can't relate to the talking thing, though.....although I think Grant may finally be saying a couple more words. I loved the 18-month pictures too....makes me think I need to pay to get some professional ones!

shalonda said...

oh my word i bet it is the most precious thing ever when E says i love you!!!!