Thursday, March 6, 2008

Week in Review

Evan hunted Easter eggs at the MOPS Easter Egg Hunt on Monday. His favorite color is orange (means nothing about his college choice) so he held on tight to this egg.

Tuesday, Evan went to the doctor for his 18 month check up. He weighed 25lbs 8 oz and was 32 inches tall. Both were 50th percentile. The doctor said he's proportional. I pointed to his chubby belly and said, "really?" She said it doesn't matter how they look and it's the stats that count.

I let her know how much he eats. She said he's doing fine and to let him eat. Today we went to lunch with some family members who are in town from Michigan. They were very impressed with his appetite. He ate an entire banana, a carton of applesauce, a stick of string cheese, and some BBQ turkey at Rudy's. He would have continued eating had I not cut him off. Anyway, I guess I will continue to let him rack up our grocery bill since he is weighing in fine!
In this picture, Evan is eating cake for his 18 month bday. The cake is 100% organic :) There's still spaghetti on his face from dinner.

My child is becoming more mischevious each day. He loves to see our reactions when he gets into Chloe's dog food or presses the buttons on the TV. Our discipline tactics aren't working too well. I think I heard that the terrible twos start sometime around 18 months. I will confirm that. It's pretty impossible to get anything done while he's awake. I guess I should stop trying!
He really wants his way which usually involves one of the following activities: coloring, Veggie Tales DVD, snacks, or outside. Any other activity isn't a winner.
I caught him in the act playing with Chloe's dog food. We're still wearing the sandals and still holding on to part of the orange Easter egg.

Daddy has been gone part of this week. Evan has asked for him alot. I know Evan will be excited to see him tomorrow...we miss you, Daddy!

3 comments:

The Wells Family said...

wow - we have so much in common at this stage. i feel like emma kate gets bored a lot - and i'm always trying to think of new things to do. yesterday, we listened to some tejano music and danced while playing with leggos. it was a good 30 minutes before she was over it. it was FREEZING, so going outside was not happening. anyway - evan is looking so grown up with his hair shorter!

shalonda said...

okay we wont hold it against him that his fav egg was orange but get that kid some marroon easter eggs, lol! his infatuation with those sandlas cracks me up! he is so sweet and precious

Emily said...

Hey I was wondering if I can link your blog on our baby blog. Just comment on it to let me know what you'd prefer.