Friday, May 23, 2008

Day Four/Five: Animal Kingdom, Idol, and Wilderness Lodge

Day 4 was Animal Kingdom. This was my favorite day. I like this park the best!

This is the day Evan met Pooh so I had to post one of the pictures again. See how he's on his tip-toes?

He also met Pluto and Goofy.


We went on a dinosaur ride while Evan played in the gift shop with DeDe and Poppy. He played with dinosaur figures and loved it. He was making high pitched squeak noises while he was playing with them. How do boys know to like dinosaurs? He had never played with them before!

On the way back to the condo, Evan kept saying , "ride," "show," "ney (disney)", and "Mi-mouse." He didn't want the fun to end!
When we got back, Evan went swimming again. He slipped and busted his lip and got a swollen nose...poor guy.

Earlier that day, I was looking at the USA Today. There was a picture of the Davids from Idol. I didn't say a word and when Evan saw the picture, he started saying "Idol." We made sure to make it back to our condo to watch it! While we watched Idol, Evan played with his new Pooh toys.
On a side note, Evan is still asking to watch Idol even though it's over. I decided to pull up the finale on tivo and show him the end results. I thought he needed some closure. He's still asking, though. I will keep the old episodes on tivo for when I'm desperate!
The next day, we ate breakfast at the Wilderness Lodge. We love this place. We stayed there last year (yes, we're crazy about Disney).


The plane ride home was fine. There was an empty seat next to us so we could spread out. Despite being exhausted, Evan managed to stay awake the entire flight. We had LOTS of snacks and watched DVDs.

Prior to our trip, I had been frustrated with Evan since he seemed to be entering the terrible twos. This was a perfect getaway for us and I really got so much joy out of watching him have fun!

4 comments:

The Wests said...

So glad you guys had fun. I can't wait to take Waverley. Looking forward to seeing you guys this week!

Emily said...

That looks so fun!! Evan seems like such a lovey-dove, giving everyone hugs and all that. What a sweetie. Y'all got me excited to hopefully one day take Hazel!

The Roser Family said...

Hey Leah! I found your blog through Ashley's. We just set up ours! Evan is so adorable. You have a beautiful family. It looks like everything is going well for you.
Keep in touch!
Jennifer Roser (Hunter)

Lee, Gena, & Hunter said...

Looks like you guys had a blast at Disney!!! How fun! :) Evan is too cute with all the characters!