Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our Getaway

We had a wonderful time at the Hyatt Lost Pines in Bastrop. Somehow we received an upgrade to a junior suite which was so nice!
We spent our first day by the adult-only pool with no agenda other than relaxation. We are no longer seasoned pool-goers and seriously misjudged our sunblock usage resulting in red bellies and legs! We are out of practice since our pool trips with Evan are only about 45 minutes these days. That night, we had a quiet dinner with adult conversation.
The next day, we hiked in McKinney Roughs Nature Park and worked out at the resort. It was a much needed getaway but I was missing Evan by day two!
Evan did great with DeDe and was only upset when I wasn't there to wake him up in the morning. That was the first morning of his life when I wasn't there:) I think he punished us a bit when we got home. He demonstrated his worst terrible twos behavior yet...yikes.

(Look closely at the flags...We were quite disappointed when we arrived and they were taking down the A&M flags and putting up the icky burnt orange ones)

5 comments:

Alissa said...

So glad you had so much fun! I was thinking about you guys today and wondering how it went. That sounds so nice.....I would love to get away for a night at this point!

Emily said...

That sounds like the perfect getaway. Way to go on your first night away from Evan!

shalonda said...

awww so proud of you! glad yall had a fun time!!!!

Holly said...

Glad you guys had a nice time. We went to Lost Pines over New Years with a bunch of families from CS and had a blast. We are headed back there in July for a family getaway with my family! Hope Evan is giving you guys a break now that you're back. I've found out that it takes twice as long to "de-program" them after being away from you for a while! Colby was at my parents for 2 weeks recently and we are still un-doing some of the things that he got use to while there!!! :)

The Wests said...

That's terrible! I thought that those aggie flags were permanent. Can't believe we missed you by one day.