Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend Trip

We went to Dallas this past weekend so I could attend a fitness convention. We had a few mishaps with the hotel. We reserved a suite hotel so we could have extra space and a kitchen. When we arrived, we learned there was no wall between the living room and bedroom. A wall between mom and dad and Evan is a must for Evan to sleep. After the manager told us there were no upgrades available, we decided we would cope and asked her to send the crib to our room. I called 2 times to verify that the hotel had standard cribs, not pack-and-plays. We brought our own bumpers and our own ultimate crib sheet in hopes of making the bed as much like home as possible. Instead of a crib, a yucky pack-and-play was delivered to our room. A regular crib is a must for Evan to sleep.

Needless to say, Evan slept between us for 3 nights. I cannot believe how much he moves during the night. We didn't sleep well at all. Then, every time he has slept with us at a hotel or someone's house, he gets what we've named "3am Symdrome" and starts crying uncontrollaby for about 20 minutes. We haven't gotten kicked out of a hotel yet but we know it's coming.

Even though the nights were rough, Evan enjoyed the trip. He loved exploring the hotel and riding the elevator. He got to watch alot of movies during his down time/supposed-to-be-nap- time at the hotel with Rob. He was obsessed with the bell hops at the convention hotel. The first time Rob dropped me off there, the bell hop pretended like he was running by the car next to Evan's window. From then on, Evan would not stop saying "man," anytime we were near the convention hotel. He does not forget things!

Anyway, here are a few pictures from our trip...
Friday, Rob and Evan went to the Dallas Zoo


Friday night we met our dear friends, Kalli and Philip, for dinner

Saturday night, we ate dinner, played in Pottery Barn Kids (they have the BEST play area...he would stay in there all day), played at a fun toy store and had a special ice cream treat!

2 comments:

The Wests said...

What fun, except for the sleeping part!

Emily said...

I love that last picture! He's so silly.

Ugh...hotels. It's always so hard to travel with babies, huh? I never really understood until I had one of my own. I hope no one really kicks people out of hotels for crying babies?