Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Evan!

Newborn
One Year Birthday
Today, on his 2nd Birthday!

My precious boy,

We are so thankful God entrusted us to parent you. I can't believe it's been 2 years since we met you! The time has flown by. It is believeable that you're 2, though:) You've been acting 2 for awhile. I looked back at the letter I wrote you when you turned one year. In it, I mentioned your laid back nature. Around 18 months your laid back nature disappeared and you became fairly tempermental and opinionated. Hopefully it's just a stage.

Thankfully you still crack us up and there's no way we can stay mad at you! The other night, when we were praying, we asked you if you wanted to thank God for anyone. You usually name family members or cake but this time you named Shrek! Hopefully this doesn't reflect badly on me, but you tend to become attached to TV personalities (Shrek, Manny, Mickey Mouse, Pooh). The Disney marketers know how to reach you. I would like to decrease your TV time but the only way I can take a shower without you banging on the shower door is by turning on the TV.

God made you so special. He gave you a love for music and a VERY loud voice. He gave you alot of energy. He blessed you with a love for food:) He made you a very good nighttime sleeper (I have been begging God to bless me with the long naps again. Your naps have decreased to 1 hour max). He made you very social and you enjoy playing with other children. He gave you precious pinchable cheeks and soft and very ticklish feet. He also gave you an amazing memory--you do not forget a thing! We are so thankful God made you healthy.

We have many prayers for your second year. We pray you will remain safe and healthy. We pray that you will learn to love God and learn to love others. We pray for wisdom in parenting you. Daddy and I love you so much and can't wait to celebrate your 2nd year this weekend.
Happy Birthday to my big boy, my 2 year old, my no-longer-baby!

Love,

Mommy

8 comments:

Spicy Magnolia said...

Happy Birthday, Evan!! We look forward to celebrating with you this weekend. I love how you come walking over to our house to visit Molly, and you head straight to her toys to play with her. You take such good care of her! It's fun to be a part of watching you grow up! Happy Birthday!

The Wests said...

Happy Birthday Evan! We love you! See you soon.

It's more than a job... said...

Happy Birthday Evan! Such a sweet not from your mommy!

Cassie said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Evan!! Hope your birthday is as special as you are!!

The Roser Family said...

Happy Birthday Evan!! Such a big boy!

The Smallwood Family said...

Happy birthday Evan!! Hope he has a great party!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness, in that last picture, he couldn't look more like Rob if he tried!!

shalonda said...

oh leah this is so perfect! the part abtou prayign for cake is hilarious, heehee! HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVAN hope you have fun at yrou party!