Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Disney: Parades and Picture Spots

On Day 1, we went to Mickey's Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom. It was after a very long day of flying. Evan did great on the flight but didn't nap all day. Everyone was tired but we had prepaid tickets so we pressed on! For Mickey's Christmas Party, there's hot cocoa and cookies, fake snow on Main Street, a Christmas Parade, and fireworks. Most of the rides were open too. The fireworks were literally over our head and were very loud. Evan didn't like them so we went into a restaurant. We met several other 2 year olds in there.
The Christmas Parade didn't start until 10:30 but we made it! Here's Evan waving to some characters during the parade.

Toy Story was Evan's favorite float!

The toy soldiers were our favorite.
This picture isn't great, but Cinderella's Castle is lit for Christmas.

We saw the traditional nighttime parade at Magic Kingdom on Day 2. Here, we are fighting for our spot on MainStreet and waiting for it to start. Thank goodness Sophie was there. Otherwise, we wouldn't have been able to wait. Rob and I decided
Evan would rather live with my sister's family. I really don't think he would ask for me even once!

At Epcot, on Day 3, the lights were really pretty and we watched a choir sing Christmas songs. It was very festive! We enjoyed visiting many of the countries at Epcot that night, too.

Here's Evan and Rob at Epcot. Evan made a mask in Italy and enjoyed carrying it around the rest of the night. I have a hard time getting him to focus on art projects. He makes one tiny crayon mark and says, "all done." His mask had the token one mark.

We went to a Christmas Parade at Animal Kingdom on Day 4.
There was a character on each float and Evan liked to wave to them.Our family in front of the castle (lady in mint green does not belong).

Coming Tomorrow: Rides and Attractions

4 comments:

The Wests said...

Looks fun! Don't worry, Waverley has no attention span when it comes to crafts yet. I think it comes later.

Alissa said...

No, Grant doesn't usually like to do crafty stuff either....he likes to play with markers (go figure...they make more of a mess!) to some extent, but not with crayons much yet. Also, sometimes I think Grant wouldn't even care or notice if I wasn't around, but I know it's not true. They're just becoming more independent, I guess!

Rob and Leah said...

Markers are more successful for us too. It's probably just because they can get more messy...those silly boys!

Gina said...

Toy soldiers were totally our favorite, too!! We were in the very front and when they came stomping by I could feel the vibration down to my feet... so awesome!!