Rob has taught himself to play the guitar over the past 6 months. Every night before bed, we read library books and then have family worship time. Evan loves to sing songs with the guitar. Sometimes he helps Rob strum the guitar, too. His favorite songs are: Lord's Army, Seek Ye First, God is so Good (his all time favorite), and Holy, Holy, Holy. It's so precious to hear him singing out to the Lord! After singing, we read a passage from Evan's Bible (he wanted to read from his big Bible, not a children's one...it's even English Standard Version which is a little more tricky than NIV!). I don't know if he's picking up alot from it but he gets excited about God's Word, which touches my heart!
Those are the parts of the routine Evan enjoys, but by the time we get to praying, he tries to hide in his closet to avoid bedtime.
The other day, I found him in his room reading his Bible. He told me he was reading to his stuffed Mickey Mouse.



3 comments:
Oh I love that! How precious that must be to y'all. That's funny that Hazel does the same thing with her Bible...maybe somehow they see it's important to us and want to follow in our steps?
Leah, this is priceless! You have such a sweet little boy with a tender heart. I love hearing about all he's up to...swimming, reading the Bible, all of it!
Y'all are such good models for him!
Post a Comment