Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Top Ten at Almost Three

I am working on the blurb book for Evan's blog during his 3rd year. I realized I need another update on the things he's doing right now. I can't believe he's going to be three in a little over a month. This year has flown by much faster than the first two!

1. He likes to take votes even if it's just him and me: "Who wants to play outside?" "Who's ready for dinner?" "Who wants to play Go Fish?"
2. He wants to watch "Mommy and Daddy Got Married" (our wedding DVD) everyday.
3. He knows all his letter sounds thanks to LeapFrog's Letter Factory DVD. I highly recommend this video! He loves it.
4. He likes to talk to my tummy at night. Sometimes he asks if he can get back in.
5. He wears underwear all day except during naptime and bedtime. He is doing great with his tete and hardly ever has accidents. He will NOT go #2 in the potty (so he goes during naptime or bedtime). I have an exciting prize waiting for him on the counter and he still won't do it.
6. He went from collecting guys to collecting the die-cast cars from the movie CARS. He loves to carry them around with him.
7. He asks questions all day long, nonstop, and especially in the car. "Is the light red?" "When is it orange?" "Where are we going?" "What are we doing after that?" "What's Sophie doing today?" "Are we going to eat lunch somewhere?" "Is that a hotel over there?"
8. He's so sweet and lovable right now. He's generous with his hugs, kisses, and "I love yous." He likes to tell Rob he loves him "all the way to the moon and back."
9. He whines.
10. He makes friends with any child anywhere. The park is relaxing for me if other kids are there. He immediately starts playing with other children and I just sit back and watch!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Aw what a little romantic, wanting to watch y'all's wedding DVD! :) I like the new pic at the top!! I hope you post some about the pregnancy soon, complete with a belly picture or two!

The Smallwood Family said...

that cracks me up that he takes votes :) wow, seems like three did come up fast! What is a blurb book? I would love to do something with the blogs I have done for Savannah.

Cassie said...

aw such a cutie! and how neat that he likes your wedding video! I have dreams of that someday! :) love the voting too!

Alissa said...

So funny about him asking so many questions. I guess a year makes a big difference....when I was pregnant last summer, Grant had no idea until I was about 8 months pregnant and it was impossible to not notice!