Monday, April 5, 2010

My Sissy, Sadie Belle

My doggie since I was 15 years old passed away today. We will miss her so much. She accompanied me to cheerleader tryouts every year and was my good luck charm :) Maybe she's the reason I somehow made it every year without the back handspring. My parents would drop her off at our house in college when they went on vacation. She loved the college life! She really loved donut holes from our hometown bakery. And, she has the most beautiful singing (howling) voice. I will miss you, Sadie Belle!
Sadie Belle on her 10th birthday, February 14, 2005

8 comments:

Spicy Magnolia said...

Oh, Leah, I am so sorry to hear about Sadie Belle...for you and your parents. Our puppies capture our hearts, as you and I both know. She was so pretty! I am sorry and sad for you all.

Lisa said...

So sorry Leah...definitely a hard day.

Cassie said...

aww..so sorry leah. but what sweet memories. I love the picture too... so cute!

Kalli said...

Oh Leah, I'm so sorry to hear that. We loved Sadie Belle visiting us in college. Philip still talks about her tricks! She was so sweet.

Allison said...

so sorry to hear that. It is always hard to loose a pet since they are such sweet family members.

The Wests said...

Oh Sadie Belle! I remember when she was (literally) in diapers! I know how much you guys loved that dog; she was a sweetheart. Sorry for you guys.

Alissa said...

I'm so sorry, Leah. It's so heartbreaking to lose a pet you've known for so long.

I love all of the pictures of Ella Kate...she is getting so big and I wish we could see her again!

The Roser Family said...

Oh, Leah, I am so sorry for y'alls loss. I started to tear up when reading your post. I remember her being at tryouts every year and the diapers :)