Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ella Kate at 5 Months

Can't believe how fast it's going this time...I am really trying to treasure every moment! At 5 months she wants to move! She is much busier than Evan was at this age and I'm guessing she'll crawl, unlike Evan, who went straight to walking! She is so pleased with any kind of attention but most pleased when her brother says anything to her or just positions himself in her line of vision. She is a very good baby, content, and fairly laid back, but wants to be at her own house after dark. She lets us know when she's ready for bed and if we're even just a few minutes off schedule in the evenings!
Like her big bro, she loves music and singing. Evan enjoys singing to her which is precious. She is losing her hair in the back and on the sides but still has a nice bang in front...time for big hairbows! Her chub is adorable and we're especially fond of her thighs. She still loves her mama milk and we gave up on the bottle. I have practically every kind of bottle in my cabinet...what a waste! She is watching us eat and curious about it, but we'll hold off on solids for awhile. She is a tummy sleeper and will cry if she ends up on her back at night. She normally sleeps until 5:30 or 6:30 each day...not as great as Brother but I can't complain.
Ella Kate is such a blessing to us. Thank you, Lord, for our healthy children.

1 comment:

Alissa said...

I love that you posted all the details. Drew also stopped taking a bottle at around 3 or 4 months....he'd have nothing to do with it. Can't believe she's already old enough to be trying to move and eat solid foods. Crazy!