We had been homebound for so long. The week prior, Rob came home ill on a Tuesday. By Wednesday night, Evan was sick and the doctor suspected the flu (jury is still out... we didn't test). He was pitiful and moaning in the doctor's office! By Thursday night, I was sick and by Friday, Ella Kate had a touch of the bug. We were still avoiding any major activities the following Wednesday. The kids were so lethargic and wouldn't eat a bite. We were down for one full week and dying to get out of the house! We were so happy we were spontaneous, for once.
Ella Kate somewhat "got" it and was pretty excited at the sight of the animals. What we love about this zoo is how close you get to the animals. It is also a perfect size for toddlers. You can see everything in 2 hours.

So close to the giraffe!
We were so close to the lion that I was bit nervous!

It was a successful afternoon and gorgeous January day!
We topped off the outing at the Waco Chuy's.


1 comment:
what a fun fun day! and wow! those ARE close encounters! I know the kids would love it so we will have to go soon too! and chuys on top of it all- perfect! I am so glad everyone is better! :)
Post a Comment