Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cap10k

I had lots of fun running my first 10k today! I trained with a group of girls in the neighborhood and really enjoyed it. We finished in 1:01.

Rob, Evan, and Ella Kate came to support me. Evan really enjoyed watching the 20,000 people. Some were wearing very interesting costumes! I was happy to show Evan why I have been leaving around bedtime to go run for a couple of months! Prior to the race, Evan was asking if I would win. I came in 5,305th:) Evan said, "Daddy, you're really fast so maybe if you run it you'll win." So cute!

5 comments:

Cassie said...

way to go Leah! congrats!! seeing the picture of you girls makes me want to run with yall :( but I am glad yall had fun!

Spicy Magnolia said...

Great job, Leah!! I'm glad you had a fun time running; I was thinking about you so much, cheering you on from afar. :)

Kyle, Laurel, Elle and Brett said...

Great job, Leah!!

Hannah said...

Way to go Leah! So funny that Evan automatically thinks 5,305th place is slow. You finished, and that is fast enough!

Kalli said...

Wow Leah, that's awesome! Congrats!