We left early Thursday morning and had all day in Vegas. We explored our hotel, Aria, when we arrived. It was so nice, upscale and modern! Rob had a meeting for part of Thursday so I enjoyed some time at the pool. Thursday night, we saw the Cirque du Soleil show, Viva Elvis. We bought couch seats right in front. We figured since our trip was paid for, we might as well splurge. We loved the show.
Friday, Rob had meetings in the morning so I worked out in the incredible fitness center. I enjoyed some pool time and he met me there later. That afternoon, I was treated to a facial at the spa (supposedly a $170 facial!). Being pampered in the upscale spa and not having to pay a dime was glorious! Though it was wonderful, it was definitely comparable to the Facelogic facial I bought on groupon for $35. I think I may go back there now that I know it's a great value!!!
Friday night, we explored a few other casinos and ate an Italian dinner at the Venetian. We had promised Evan a toy if he went to bed well for DeDe while we were gone. VEGAS NEEDS A TOY STORE! It was tricky to find something for the kiddos so I found goodies at the airport the next day. Walking along the strip at night was hilarious, interesting and shocking at times. I live a pretty sheltered, mommy life, I guess.
I headed home Saturday morning and was back in mommy mode Saturday afternoon. The kids did great and I'm already thinking about where we can get away for our anniversary in June:) Between the wedding weekend, 10k, and Vegas, there has been alot of "me" time lately. I have tried to savor every moment! Now it's back to real life!






5 comments:
sounds like the perfect lil getaway! :) glad the kids did well too!
Cute blog post! So great to see you in Vegas!!!
Sounds like a great trip!! I've never been to Vegas but would like to go some day...and would be even better if it were paid for by someone else - ha!
I'm so glad you had a great time! That poolside is beckoning me. :)
good for you guys - sounds like lots of fun!
Post a Comment