This heat is rough! We are getting desperate to find things to do without stepping foot outdoors. Brutal! Here are a few pictures that highlight what we've been up to...
Lots of brother-sister time. Evan plays pretty well with her and will read her books and play chase with her.
Cars, cars, and more cars. We went from Star Wars back to cars. This is due to the release of Cars 2. I have to say that on lazy parenting days, we will have an outing to the grocery store to look for a car we don't already own. It makes Evan happy and I enjoy the hunt. Then, I sit back and count the cars we own, multiply by approximately $3.00, and decide we won't do that again for awhile :)
Reorganizing the pantry...a friend's blog inspired me. I have a small space to work with and have to fit the kid's school-type stuff in there, plus food. It makes for a challenge! I purchased most of the bins from the dollar section at Target. It's definitely not up to Container Store starndard but it's a big improvement! Evan helped me a bit. I am trying to offer him money to help with certain household tasks. He's also earning and allowance each week.
Playing Monopoly. This one is ages 5 and up...I highly recommend it!Devouring her first baby cone at Shakes. She didn't look up once until it was gone.
Practicing our handwriting in shaving cream.
Having Cousin sleepovers. They are successful at our house. But, we have picked up Evan twice from my sister's house. He was longing for us and his own bed. Sophie is such a great helper with EK!
Modeling her first Princess dress. I justified this one by deciding she will wear it for Halloween and to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table in October!!! Yes, we decided to return to DisneyWorld. EK loves wearing it.
Having Cousin sleepovers. They are successful at our house. But, we have picked up Evan twice from my sister's house. He was longing for us and his own bed. Sophie is such a great helper with EK!
Modeling her first Princess dress. I justified this one by deciding she will wear it for Halloween and to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table in October!!! Yes, we decided to return to DisneyWorld. EK loves wearing it. 






2 comments:
love lil tinkerbelle! and nice job on the pantry! and I hear ya on the Cars investment! but it is fun!! :)
Super cute pictures! Hope you guys have a great time in Colorado. I'm so jealous!
Post a Comment