Don't let this picture fool you. This is after his lessons.

Evan learned to swim last summer after private lessons with our miracle-worker teacher. She is truly amazing and puts up with his fussing and "negotiating." Even though he knew how to swim, he is still fearful of trying new things. This summer, he was learning to take breaths, swim in the deep end and began preparations for diving. I think he cried through it all! I felt bad but we wanted him to persevere because we knew he could do it!
Ella Kate was next. I was dreading it. I just knew she would cry through the entire lesson and I would have to leave the pool. I WAS SO WRONG! She surprised me. She actually seemed to enjoy going under water. She worked on her kicking, swimming to the wall, and getting out of the pool. She even enjoys practicing her skills and is so proud of herself. Way to go EK!




No comments:
Post a Comment