Sunday night, we ate dinner with my parents and Uncle Pete. Uncle Pete is my grandmother's husband (my step grandfather). My grandmother passed away in April of this year. I really miss her. I would miss her if we didn't have Evan but the loss seems greater for some reason. Gram was so happy holding her great grandkids! Even though she was a quiet woman, the joy she felt when she was holding Evan was clear by her smile and look of contentment on her face. I am sad Gram is not here to share in our earthly joy of beautiful children. Even though it's hard to imagine, the earthly blessing of children does not compare to the joy Gram is experiencing in heaven.
Seeing Pete interact with Evan was so cute! Evan was very interested in him and studied him closely. I thought he may get scared a few times but he decided Pete was funny! Here is a cute picture of Evan touching Uncle Pete.

No comments:
Post a Comment