Evan loves to watch his Veggie Tale Silly Song DVDs. I definitely limit his TV watching time but sometimes I get desperate when I need to get something done! Evan would watch Veggie Tales all day if we let him. He carries around the DVD covers and pretends to be reading the back of them. He'll point at the pictures on the back of the cover and laugh. We've figured out that when he brings us the DVD cover, he wants us to sing the Veggie Tale's songs. We don't really know the songs that well but try to sing them to make him happy! So that we could make him happy without planting him in front of the TV, Rob rigged up the TV to where the audio would play with no picture. At first, Evan still sat and stared at the screen waiting to see Larry the Cucumber. Now he'll play toys while he listens.
Anyway, this week we have had a serious case of cabin fever. The cold and rainy weather has kept us indoors. Evan's cold kept us away from a playgroup. When I found out that my parents were taking Sophie to see the Veggie Tales movie today, Evan and I decided to go along. My parents paid for Evan's ticket so I thought I didn't have much to lose by going.Evan loved the theater and loved going on an outing with his cousin. He had his own booster seat right next to Sophie. He snacked on Puffins cereal and string cheese. The movie started at 5pm and he paid close attention to the previews. He was excited when he saw the Veggie Tale characters and watched for about 15 minutes. He got antsy so I took him oustide the theater to walk around but he wanted to go back inside. We went back in and watched about 15 more minutes and then I knew it was over and time for us to go. He was done sitting still! Even though it didn't last long, it was a fun outing.
Here are some pictures from Evan's first movie...
He's wondering what this stuff is...

He followed the gang and walked to the theater like a big boy...

He enjoyed his ice cold beverage...

He looked so cute and grown up in the big chair...



4 comments:
lol! so funny, he stared at the blank screen, heehee! such a big boy i love it!
What a great idea to turn the video off but not the audio. I'll have to get James to rig up something like that in a few months.
That's funny that he only lasted about 30 minutes!
That is awesome!! The pictures are so cute! I especially love the one of him walking into the theater. What a big boy thing to do!
I'm glad he enjoyed his first movie...he looks so cute in his little chair! You're so blessed to live so close to all of your family, so you can do things like this on the spur of the moment.
Post a Comment