Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Top 16 for 16 Months...


1. He will eat anything and everything. He hasn't entered a picky stage yet. He LOVES broccoli...I hope this continues!
2. The qualification to #1 is that I cannot get him to drink milk. I have tried goat's milk, soy milk, vanilla soy milk and cow's milk. He says "mmmm" and "yumm" before he picks up his sippy cup of milk (copying us) but then he just plays with the cup or makes a face as if he doesn't like it. I guess I could take this as a compliment?
3. He has a mystery word "sehba." He says it all the time and we have no idea what it means.
4. His newest words are "Gymbo," "turtle," "man"(his daddy says this alot so he's copying), "shoes," and a run together form of "what's that?"
5. He has 9 teeth.
6. He loves to sing. He can sing a few notes of "Deep and Wide," and "That's Elmo's World." He likes to do the motions to "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes." He pretty much demands that his CD is on in the car. So much for my talk radio shows I like.
7. He tells Chloe "Shhh," which is very necessary.
8. He loves to be tickled and has started to tickle Mom, Dad, and Chloe.
9. He can wink at you if you ask (really he blinks both eyes very forcefully).
10. He's starting to run.
11. He is interested in counting. He loves The Count on Sesame Street and wants to read his numbers book alot. He makes a "da" sound for each number and points his finger.
12. He likes the idea of coloring. We gave him some coloring books and crayons for Christmas. He begs for me to get them out of the cabinet. He makes a couple of scribbles but loses interest quickly.
13. He goes to the door every Saturday morning when Daddy asks him if he wants to go to Starbucks.
14. He still loves to wave to everyone when we're out and about.
15. He begs for us to make funny faces in front of the camera in his room while he watches the video monitor in our room.
16. He's becoming more of a cuddle bug everyday. His hugs and kisses melt our hearts.

5 comments:

It's more than a job... said...

Oh my gosh Evan looks so old in this picture! He is so handsome. It's hard to believe he's already 16 months. Thanks for listing all the new things about him! Every stage is so fun.

shalonda said...

wow!!! what a fun little guy he is!!!! i love it! that cracks me up that he wants to watch yall in the monitor, lol!

Emily said...

Aw how fun he sounds!

Andrew and Liz said...

Wow, he does look so much older in this pic. Good lookin' kid. My personal favorite is #3, but it looks like with #11, he's already following in Rob's steps! -Andrew

Andrew and Liz said...

I love #7...b/c I understand. And, he loves #'s? Hmmm, do we have another finance guy in the family?? Miss ya'll!!