Friday, May 30, 2008

All dressed in red-white-and-blue for Memorial Day...
Wednesday, we met Waverley and Whitney for a swim date at Waverley's Mimi's house. Evan and Waverley were so adorable together. Below is a picture of Waverley's tea party. She liked to bring us tea to sip. Evan was more interested in destroying the set up! We can't wait to get together again. Evan has started saying his cousin's name...Sophie. I always knew he really loved her but now that he can say her name, I hear it all day. Really, most of our conversation during the day is a roll call. When we're in the car to go somewhere, he says, "DeDe?" Then I say, "No, we're not going to see DeDe right now." Then Evan says "DaDa?" Then I say, "DaDa's at work." Then Evan says, "Poppy," and I say, "Poppy's at work, too." This continues with other names he knows. I think he's trying to say he's really bored with me!
Today, he got another haircut. His hair grows so fast. We are still keeping it long so we can enjoy those curls. We went to a kid's place for the first few cuts. For this cut, we went to the family salon, where we have all gone for years . Evan was so good. He sat in a big boy booster seat and let the stylist spray his hair with water, cut it, and blow dry it. He hardly moved at all. I brought our DVD player and let him watch Veggie Tales. Afterward, I was complimenting him and telling him he was such a good boy. He told me "thank you." I love having conversations with my boy!

6 comments:

The Wests said...

Thank you so much for cutting me out of that picture. I am dreading putting swimsuit pics on our blog!! We had so much fun with you guys too.

Emily said...

I love how they show their personalities so early - boys crashing things, and girls delicately sipping tea.

Lee, Gena, & Hunter said...

I totally know what you mean about the roll call thing! Hunter just added HEB to the list too!

The Roser Family said...

Hey Leah! Thanks! I tried to comment on your blog too. I think it was under one of your Disney photos. Not sure if it worked or not; I am still trying to figure this out. You have a beautiful family. Evan is absolutely adorable. Let me know if I did this right and keep in touch! Jen

Rob and Leah said...

Jennifer,
Oh yeah, I just saw your comment...I guess I missed it. It's so good to get in touch. I am hoping maybe you're coming to the reunion? Hmmm....how could we trade emails without publishing it on here? I know Whitney wanted your email too.

The Roser Family said...

I think we can get them from the Dragon Alumni site. I will log on and check. I am not sure if I listed it there or not. I will try and email you both this evening.