Last Saturday, we went to Zilker Park and rode the train. Evan loved it as we expected! 


We decided the 68 degree Barton Springs would be too chilly for him! We did see other kids his age though.

Tuesday, I took Evan to a local movie theatre to see Shrek. Every Tuesday they play an old movie and it's free. Would you believe he sat there the ENTIRE hour-and-a-half and never got up? Moms of almost 2 year olds will understand this is amazing!! He LOVES Shrek. If Shrek was off screen for even a second, Evan would say ,"where'd he go?" This was a great activity for both us because I was able to sit, relax, and enjoy the movie too.
Wednesday, we went to Kid's Day at Symphony Square in downtown. There were instruments for the kids to play with and then a musical performace. It was fun and we will definitely do this again next year.

We picked up Rob and ate lunch together after Symphony Square. Evan usually never sees Daddy at lunch but we ate with him twice in one week! We had yummy Mexican food at a place on the lake.
The kiddos loved watching the fish and turtles in the water.
Other tidbits from the week I want to remember:-We drove around all week playing the Aggie War Hymn and Spirit of Aggieland. Evan is gearing up for football season and knows most of the Spirit of Aggieland. He's very passionate when the yell starts at the end of the song.
-Evan outgrew his shoes and literally had none. We shoe shopped this week which was challenging because he's crazy and wild. I had to take him out of his stroller to try on shoes but then I was chasing him all around the store. See his new tennis shoes in the picture above?
-He's hitting me alot more. It's a little embarrassing in public.
-I'm proud to annouce that Evan understands that we order Chuy's on Friday nights. Tonight, he was repeating "Chuy's" over and over and begging to eat (the begging to eat isn't new). We've trained him well.


6 comments:
I love the pictures! I swear he looks just like Rob when he was a little boy. And yes.....two hours to sit still and watch a movie is a DREAM to me!! I can barely get Grant to watch the songs on Super Why!
I also can't believe that he knows Fridays are Chuys days....how does he even know when it's Friday??
That Evan knows the Spirit of Aggieland is AWESOME!! What a true-bred Aggie! :) I love it!
I ordered Chuy's tonight as well. :) With Evan being an Aggie and a Chuy's lover, oh, be still my heart for that little one! :)
you know we HAVE to sing the spirit of aggieland to addi every night to get her to go to sleep, isnt that funny?! we are going to head up to aggieland for a few games with her this year too maybe we can all get together before one of them....we wont have camdyn just miss addi. love that smile of his btw
Leah, I love your new bangs! So cute. And Evan slays me, he is extremely precious and has THE BEST smile. Love you and miss you!
What a busy fun week! Looking forward to Wednesday.
It looks like you all had a fun week! We cannot wait until David is old enough to ride the Zilker train. I would have avoided the springs too!
Post a Comment