This post may be boring but these are things I don't want to forget about my almost 2 year old...
1. He likes to pretend to go night-night in our bed and get tucked in. Maybe he's preparing for a big boy bed someday soon.
2. He's started to add names of people he wants to thank God for during our prayer at night. (It's usually Sophie's name). Last night, he named some family members..."Sophie...Gibson..." and then he said "cake." He's definitely a child who is thankful for his food.
3. He likes to sit in or on top of a laundry basket to read books at night.
4. I think he's in love with Darby on Tigger and Pooh. He gets upset when she leaves the TV screen.
5. He's started singing a prayer before dinner. Sophie taught it to him.
6. He doesn't love the pool, unfortunately. Taking him swimming is frustrating.
7. He likes to get Rob's can of shaving cream and pretend to put it on his face and shave.
8. His favorite song right now is "God Made Me."
9. He says "Sophie" maybe 100 times each day.
10. We have a routine of setting him up with his stuffed Bob, Larry, Pooh and his blankie, Bobbie, before bed. He likes them tucked under his arms and next to his head.
11. He gives Rob and me a fist bump before bed. Then, he says, "Chloe?" and Rob pretends to be Chloe giving him a bump. Evan thinks it's hilarious.
12. Sometimes he wants us to turn on the shower during his bath.
13. He says "What's That?" maybe 100 times each day.
14. He will tell me what he wants for breakfast in the morning.
15. He has a posse that he calls his "guys" which include 5 Veggie Tales Figures. They eat with him, take baths with him, and sometimes sleep with him.
16. We have a routine of walking each morning shortly after breakfast. He loves going and takes his "guys" with us. He's like my personal trainer because he makes me go even if I don't feel like it! He starts saying "walk" when we finish eating and I can't say no.
17. He loves to play outside with the water hose at night.
18. His favorite consonant is f. He says "foys" for toys, "Fo-ey" for Chloe, and "far" for car. I'm thinking his love for fs may have come from SoPHie's name?
19. When we ask him how old he's going to be soon, he holds up 2 fingers the unconventional way-1 finger on each hand.
20. He's so WILD-we won't be buying anything super nice for our house anytime soon.
21. He still loves to eat and stuffs his face. We teach his Sunday School class and catch him stealing the other kid's snacks.
22. He's not very interested in a his potty yet but he likes to talk about what's in his diaper. He is also curious about what Chloe leaves in the backyard--disgusting!!!
23. We were asking him to name his body parts. We pointed to his eyes and asked him what they were. He said "eyeballs." It's because when I need him to look at me (usually when he's in trouble), I say "Look at my eyeballs." I read that kids respond to that better than if you say "Look at me." I thought it was funny he picked that up from me.
Happy 23 Months, Evan! We love you!!
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Too cute! I wish I would have started something like this for Hunter! Can you believe he's almost 2!!
Happy 23 Evan! You are such a big boy!
I can't beleive that he is so big now! I love the 23 things...they aren't boring!
I love his guys! That's hilarious.
Evan sounds so fun Leah, such a personality! Can't believe he'll be two soon!
Hey Leah! Good to hear from you. I loved reading this - a good preview for what's to come with Dylan!! Evan is a CUTIE! Let me know if you're ever up in this area and maybe our boys can play together:)
Post a Comment