I hope all of my Houston friends are doing ok and that your home is entact. We're praying Aunt Alissa will be able to deliever Baby Drew back home in Clear Lake!
I wanted to remember a few things about Evan from last week:
Monday: He went tete in the potty for the first time...YEAH!!! I may lose some blog readers as we enter the potty training stage. I have to record the milestones for journaling purposes...sorry! We sing a song that says, "If you go tete in the potty, you'll get a cookie." So, we had a big party and he ate a healthy cookie in the bathtub. I know he's totally not ready for serious potty training but this was fun!
Wednesday: He started BSF and did great. It's very structured with singing time, a Bible Story, marching, and some play time. He was the youngest child in the program so I was a little worried, but he did very well. We're looking forward to this week!
Thursday: He had his 2 year checkup. Who would have thought our child would be short??? Rob is 6'1". I know I'm average but my family is very tall. Anyway, Evan was in the 33rd pecentile for height and between 50-75 percentile for weight. Bless his heart. I don't give him cow's milk but the doctor said she would switch him to low fat milk if he was on cow's milk. Would you call that a diet? She wasn't worried and thought he would hit a growth spurt and thin out. He was 33 1/2 inches tall and weighed 29 1/2 pounds. He was very well behaved at the doctor's office and everything else is on track! Praise God he is a healthy little boy!
Friday: We've had 2 sessions of kindermusik and LOVE it. He has done so well and followed the teacher's directions without resistance (a big departure from how he acts at home). By our 2nd session, he was already answering questions and singing a few notes of the songs. I was so proud of him! This is a wonderful activity for us to do together and I really love it. We've had some tough times, lately, with his lack of naps. I know I need to work on this, but I get angry with him because I want some time to myself. By Fridays, I'm frustrated, so it's been great to have our music class on Fridays. I have gotten alot of joy out of watching him obey the teacher and have fun with music.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
wow i love yalls teetee song, lol! we sing one too, how funny. i am glad to read that i am not the only mom who is ready to lose it my friday, thank you for saying that leah. at times i feel like the worst mom in the world when my patience is wearing, these toddlers can be tough!
And you have a newborn, too! I can't imagine that on top of my 2 yr old! I know-it's such a battle. You get mad at them and then mad at yourself for getting mad at them. Too bad we're not close enough to get together and share these fun times!
Post a Comment