Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Top 20 for 26 Months

Evan is 26 months today. That's not really a milestone but I want to take a moment to remember some funny things he's been saying and doing...

1. The other night, he was laying on the grass looking up at the stars with Rob. He held his hands up in the air and said "I wanna reach 'em."
2. We were looking at the moon, which is a just sliver now. He said "moon is broken."
3. He's become a little pest. At music class, he says "what are we gonna do" between activities. That will quickly drive the teacher crazy, I'm sure!
4. His favorite songs to sing right now are God is So Good, Trust and Obey, and Away in a Manger (a little early, I know).
5. He's still asking to see the inflatable Halloween decorations in our neighborhood which are no longer there.
6. He says "O'Reilly" when he sees Bill O'Reilly on our TV screen. We've trained him well!
7. My cousin, Meghan, is the meterologist for KVUE. Anytime he sees a blonde lady on TV, he says, "Meghan."
8. He expects to go somewhere everyday and says "where are we going?" until we go somewhere.
9. He makes friends easily. Yesterday at the park, he met a boy named Johnny and ran around screaming his name and following him.
10. He is our little witness for Jesus at the park where he sings his hymns and church songs very loud!
11. This is disgusting but I guess it's part of getting ready to potty train?? He wants to see what's in his diaper. Today he said he wanted to touch it....GROSS!!!!!!
12. His teachers at BSF reported he's doing great singing his hymns in class!
13. He still cries when I drop him off places...when will this end?
14. He likes to look for school buses in the morning. My sis may rent a school bus for Gibson's 2nd bday. That will probably be the best day of Evan's life!
15. We have a kid's Bible we read at night. He wants to hear the story of Jonah every night.
16. He wants to play "tent" with Rob every night. This involves sitting under the comforter on our bed. I guess we could buy him a real tent.
17. He wakes up saying "breakfast" in the morning and wakes up from his nap saying "snack" in the afternoon.
18. He's resistant to sitting on the potty. I have a feeling we're in for a long ride.
19. He loves the Kindermusik song called "Bowl of Jelly." As soon as we get in the car, he says, "I want bowl jelly." This is not a pleasant kid's song.
20. He loves to repeat his memory verse, though he's resistant to learning the new one. He likes the old one.
He's in such a fun stage right now. I love to hear the silly things he says and I don't want to forget them!

5 comments:

Emily said...

He sounds so cute! Good luck on the potty training - you'll have to keep posting about it for those of us with kiddos a few months behind Evan!

It's more than a job... said...

Eli's favorite story was Jonah also! I can't believe how big your little guy is!

shalonda said...

addi and steven play tent EVERY single night too, how cute. i love how evan is so curious, wanting to reach the stars and even wanting to touch his #2, thats why he is so smart!

Cassie said...

I love these posts! Travis and I always get a kick out of the lil guy!! We love em! He is getting so funny!

The Roser Family said...

It sounds like such a fun stage. So much going on! Good luck with potty training; I hear little boys take longer.