Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Disney: Character Fun and Fear

I decided to group my pictures by theme this time. This is my scrapbook so it I want to be sure to remember all the details!

On Day 2, we went to Disney's Hollywood Studios. We met these characters from Little Einsteins. We don't really watch the show but Evan wanted to meet them. He was very sweet with them.

Later that day, we went to a lunch buffet that featured more characters. They walked around and came to your table for photos. Notice the hands in mouth...this is what he does when he's unsure of the situation.
After waiting out a rain storm on Day 3, we headed to Epcot where we waited in line to see more characters. Mickey, Pluto, Minnie and Goofy were lined up and you visited each of them. Evan didn't really understand the lines. It was tough at times. The line situations were better when his cousins were with us. Anyway, he was pretty happy to see Mickey Mouse...
and even happier to see Pluto...
For some reason, he threw himself down on the floor when it was time to go to Minnie next...He didn't want to see Goofy either! It was so strange. He was happy and excited for Mickey and Pluto and then changed his mind 30 seconds later when it was time for Minnie and Goofy.
On Day 4 at Magic Kingdom, we had some time to spare before meeting up with my family. There was a very short line for Scrooge McDuck (I wonder why) so we decided to let Evan meet him. We had just been making fun of the adults who take pictures with the characters alone (hope this doesn't offend anyone). Evan wouldn't go up to Scrooge so Rob posed for a photo next to him!
I don't know why we thought we should wait in more character lines. But, when we saw Tigger and Pooh, we thought it would be different. It's one of his favorite shows and He LOVED them last time we visited. This time, he became shy...

He wouldn't even give Tigger and high five. So, I gave him one and went on our way. We didn't wait in any more character lines after that!
Coming tomorrow: Parades and Picture Spots

5 comments:

shalonda said...

man he did really well considering the santa meeting, why do our kids fear santa?...the fact that yall were making fun and then rob took a pic with scrooge cracks me up!

Alissa said...

Can't wait to see more! Glad you guys had fun!!

Emily said...

That cracks me up that Rob had to take a picture with Scrooge McDuck. :) I bet he was embarrassed!

The Smallwood Family said...

such great pictures, I love the pluto one!

Spicy Magnolia said...

I love seeing the pictures! Evan was probably more interested in Pluto because he's WAY cuter than Goofy!! I mean, look at those awesome ears on Pluto and the big smile! Goofy looks, well, goofy. :) I'm glad it was a good trip!