At the last minute, we decided to go to San Antonio on Saturday. We used Priceline and got the Hilton Hill Country Resort for $60! We had fun and and it was nice to get away. But, as you will see from the pictures, traveling with a 2 year old brings some not-so-fun moments. Evan is going through a very whiny stage and the constant whining drove us crazy!
Anyway, we started out at the zoo. Evan loved the monkeys. He didn't want to stay behind the glass and said, "I want to go see them," which he also said about the alligator, rhino, lion and other less-than-friendly-beasts.
.jpg)
He lost it when we stopped him from dropping his water cup into the giraffe's habitat.
.jpg)
I put aside my germ fears for a moment to let him pet the goats, hoping maybe he would cheer up. He enjoyed it...
.jpg)
...but then he lost it when Rob had to stop him from picking up the goat poo
.jpg)
He loved the kid's area, which was like a children's museum inside the zoo.
.jpg)
His favorite part of the day was definitely the train ride outside of the zoo! He's still talking about the tunnel.

Later that afternoon, we made our way downtown for sight seeing and Mexican food. Evan wasn't too impressed with the Alamo.
He thought the River Walk was ok but we had to get him to play peek-a-boo to look at the camera.
.jpg)
That night, we made smores at the fire pit outside our hotel.
.jpg)
The next day, we explored the Hyatt Resort next door.
I'm loving his bowl haircut!
.jpg)
We took the scenic route home through the hill country and it was gorgeous. It was a nice getaway minus the whining!
5 comments:
What a fun trip! Looks like you guys had fun!
Oh, what fun! well, you know! :) Isn't SA such a fun city! I love it! Great photos as always- that alamo pic is a lifetime keeper! awesome! Glad yall got away for some great family time!! Oh, and I love the motorcycle pics too!! You are so good at capturing Evans lovable spirit!
Wavey's fave was the train too. Glad y'all got away.
How fun!! And such great pics to document your get-away memories!
Looks like a fun trip! I am starting to see how traveling can be hard; I cannot even imagine what it will be like when David is Evan's age. It looks like he enjoyed it; and what a great family outing!
Post a Comment