Monday, July 27, 2009

Big Boy in a Big Boy Bed!

We switched Evan to a big boy bed this weekend. I am still working on some finishing touches in his room but here's a sneak peek. We used Rob's bed and dresser from his childhood and went with a baseball theme.
I was really worried about how Evan would do since he's been in his crib for almost 3 years. He's a great sleeper and was happy there. But, we wanted to move him long before he starts his new fall schedule with Mother's Day Out and BSF (which could be overwhelming at first!). Surprisingly, he has done great. He has slept in it with no problems. We empshaized he must call for us when he wants to get out of bed and he has obeyed! We positioned the bed against the wall and have a rail we can bring up so it has a bit of a crib feel.
We only had one issue with the new bed so far. Rob heard Evan crying Saturday night and went into his room to check on him. See picture below for more...

I put this bin by his bed to store the blankets and stuffed animals he sleeps with at night. Rob found Evan's head inside this bin and his legs on the floor with his bottom in the air. Considering there's a rail on the side of his bed, we're not sure how he got here. Bless his heart! Rob said his heart was beating so fast. We laughed about it for awhile but haven't mentioned it to Evan since it might have been traumatic!

I'll post more when I finish his room!

5 comments:

shalonda said...

good job! we always emphasized that big time with addi and she has been in a bed since 18 months and NEVER comes out of her room...so yall will be fine. cant wait to see the rest

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Love the theme :) I used to work at the Y with Gena and Summer...found your blog through Gena. Hope you're doing well Leah! :)

Cassie said...

wow! what a big boy!! so exciting and so sad at the same time! :)

Alissa said...

Yay! So glad he's doing so well in it. I can't wait to see pictures of the entire room. Is he staying in his same room, and the baby will be in the old guest room??

Kalli said...

What a cool room! I bet Evan loves the baseball theme.