Sunday, August 9, 2009

Drumroll Please.....

It's.....






















A.....









































GIRL!!!

If you know me well, the following won't surprise you: Due to Rob's travel schedule, my parent's upcoming trip, the fact that I wanted to make it a family affair, and well....my extreme impatience...we got our own ultrasound Saturday. I really wanted Evan to come and knew he wouldn't be well behaved enough to sit through the medical ultrasound. We will still have our medical ultrasound at the end of the month.

When we arrived at 9:30 for our appointment, the baby was totally asleep with her legs crossed. She wouldn't budge no matter which way I turned. The technician got me cold water and I ate some crackers. But still, no luck. So, she told us to leave and go get a Sonic Slush. This was at 10am so I wasn't exactly craving that. But, I went for the classic cherry lime and it was good. I drank about half of it and then she tried again. Baby girl was ready this time! We're super excited!!!!

Evan was really good and silly throughout. When the technician switched to 3D (which looked like nothing to us...I know why they want you to wait until late in the pregnancy), Evan said, "is that poo-poo?" I don't know how much he understands but I think he somewhat grasps it's a girl????

Stay tuned for a name announcement. I'm ready to choose but Rob likes to take his time so I'm not sure when we'll be announcing.



9 comments:

Kyle, Laurel, Elle and Brett said...

Wooohooo!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!

The Smallwood Family said...

yay Leah!!! I am SO excited for you guys! Dresses and bows here you come...it's so fun!

The Wests said...

Hooray Hooray Hooray for pink and ruffles and all things girly! You guys are such a precious family.

Sarah said...

thrilled for you all!!! a little sister for Evan...how extremely exciting!!

Allison said...

What exciting news! I am sure she will be another adorable addition to your family. Start shopping now...girl clothes are so much fun!

shalonda said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! so fabulous hun!!! get ready to spend some moolah on girly things, heehee

Emily said...

YEA! You'll love having a girl, and I bet Evan will be a great big brother! (I almost typed "bother" which will sometimes be true, too! haha!)

It's more than a job... said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled! I have chills!!! :) You will love having one of each. Congrats. XOXO

The Roser Family said...

That's super exciting!! Congratulations!