Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day of School

Today was Evan's first day of Mother's Day Out. He is in the 3 year old class and goes Tuesday and Thursday. He did great. He was happy when I dropped him off and happy when I picked him up. I held it together until I got to the parking lot and then lost it for about 10 minutes. My baby is growing up!!!
He told me quite a bit about his day and it sounds like everything went well. The things he told me are:
-he ran around and sang "the loud song" in music class
-he read a story about a kiss
-he played super hero with the hats
-he went potty in the "other bathroom."
-the girls like to play with the dolls
-his teacher said they should put away the toy vacuum and find another toy to play with (this tells me he was probably going crazy with it)
-he played on the pirate ship at the playground and there was a mean boy ( I don't think he's old enough to determine someone is mean so I think maybe they were playing pirate??)
I thought it was amazing he told me so much about his day. I am hoping he will continue to do well even though he will figure out this is a regular thing, not just one time! Tonight when I told him he will go to school again next week, he said, "but we already did that."

Here is a backpack picture from this morning...
Here he is in front of his building. He wouldn't wear his backpack. But, he was excited his building had the letter "D" on it.

2 comments:

Heath, Tara, and Kelsi said...

Leah, found your blog on Ashley's family blog. Your little guys is adorable. I have a blog too..it's private though. You can e-mail me your at htklein06@gmail.com if you'd like an invite.

Tara (Bacskai) Klein

The Wests said...

That first picture looks like MOMMA!