Friday, January 8, 2010

More from Ella Kate's Birthday

My dr with us...

Proud Daddy...
Proud grandparents... Proud grandparents and big bro...
Week one has gone well and Ella Kate is a good baby. I know she hasn't really woken up yet, though. And, next week will be a true test when Rob goes back to work. Thankfully, Evan has Mother's Day Out and my mom will help alot. We are just enjoying every precious moment of this newborn stage!
Ella Kate doesn't fit in any of her clothes yet except for a few premie gowns and sleepers. I was expecting a big baby so I was so surprised we had a little one! I knew when they first handed her to me, before she was weighed, that she couldn't be over 7 pounds. She is so tiny! She hardly lost any weight in the hospital and is a good eater.
Evan is adjusting better than I ever expected. In some ways, his behavior has improved. He calls her Ellie or Ella Katie. He loves to touch, poke, and kiss so we have to watch him closely, of course. He is a good helper with diaper changes and gets things for me while I'm nursing. He keeps asking when Ella Kate will talk to him or play with him. Hopefully Evan will still do well when Rob returns to work next week.
More updates to come!

6 comments:

Alissa said...

Such cute pictures! I'm glad everything is going so well so far. We were hoping to come tomorrow but Dean is going to be working this weekend....ugh. So we will have to come after a couple more weeks. Talk to you soon...

It's more than a job... said...

She is a BEAUTIFUL newborn! I'm so happy for you guys! Newborn babies are so precious; they always remind me of how miraculous our God is...how in 9 short months one cell turns into a fully formed baby! Amazing. Hugs to you guys!

Gina said...

She is SO BEAUTUFUL with her full head of dark hair. Congrats on a healthy delivery!

Love you!

Emily said...

You two have the most beautiful babies!

the Hunts said...

She may be one of the most beautiful newborns I have ever seen....

The Roser Family said...

oh goodness...she is adorable. i love all that hair. glad that you are doing well!