Evan has been very ill since Monday. His fever has remained over 100 even with tylenol. I just left his room and he has 103.8. Doc said virus on Monday but I'm beginning to suspect strep. We will go back in tomorrow. Anyway, look who will not leave his side? Chloe always follows me and prefers to stay right near me, especially at night. I wasn't sure where she went and she was sleeping with Evan. She's been by his side for a couple of hours now. She knows her baby brother needs comfort. I amazed how dogs can sense our illnesses. When I battled RA shortly after Rob and I were married, Chloe was a comfort to me. In the mornings, when I battled the most pain and stiffness in my hands, she knew it. She would often lick my hands while I was trying to wake/get up. I am reminded how much I love my first baby:)
**Update: no strep, but enterovirus?? He had a prior fever one week ago and then this episode. Apparently the multiple fevers with a break in between is a sign of this virus. We're ready for good health and ready to resume our activities!

2 comments:
Oh, dear Leah, this is precious. First, I meant to email you earlier this week to check in with you to see how you all were feeling. I'm sorry I was neglectful in that. Your little guy is precious, and I am amazed too at how much love and comfort our sweet animals bring to us and know when we need it. Sweet Chloe! I hope Evan feels better soon and that the rest of you all are doing ok!
oh, that is just the sweetest pictures - reminds me of my sweet shelty when I was growing up!
I really hope Evan is better today...no fun.
Also makes me feel better because Abby has to do the same with her bowl :)...and it makes me feel so bad!
Post a Comment