I never really thought about the post-toddler days when I started this blog. My sweet Evan would be little forever, right? There's just something about 5. It sounds so old! And, had he been 3 days older, he could be in kindergarten right now. YIKES! I'm so glad he's home with me one more year.
We decided not to do parties for the kids this year. It was nice to have an small gathering with family and our neighbors to watch the Aggie game and celebrate with Evan.
He is such a good kid. At 5 years old, he's spunky, smart, argumentative, into super heros right now, loves the Lion King, has an amazing singing voice, is a sweet helper with his sissy, can operate our ipad better than me, sets the table, still hates practicing coloring or handwriting, loves his daddy time at night, wants to know all about college and professional football teams, asks deep questions about Jesus and God (sometimes maybe just to stall bedtime), his best friend is his cousin, Gibson, loves to play with his neighbor friends, is always making plans, decided he was done with Star Wars because "it gave him bad dreams," still sleeps with bobby and blanky, loves listening to the Disney music station on Pandora, had a successful sleepover at DeDe's house last weekend (yay!), and was so excited to start preschool this year!
I love this guy so much! Happy 5th Birthday, Evan!
Don't look too closely at my homemade gluten-free cupcake cake creation:)





2 comments:
Love hearing all he is in to and not in to :) and Leah, I had no idea that was gluten free! seriously, start a bakery!!
That cake looked and tasted GREAT! I love that sweet kid; he's very special.
Post a Comment